We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number and company details if applicable
- information to enable us to check and verify your identity, which will be at least one form of photographic identification (such as a passport, a driving licence or an identification card) and one form of documentation with proof of your place of residence (such as a recent utility bill)
- your gender information, if you choose to give this to us
- your billing information, transaction and payment card information
- your professional or personal online presence, e.g. LinkedIn profile, if you share it with us
- your contact history, transaction and instruction history with us
- your Right to Rent status, nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification, and immigration information, e.g. if you are a potential tenant applying for a tenancy
- information to enable us to undertake Anti Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing electronic checks on you
- information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems
- your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
- information specific to your requirements relating to the property you are looking to buy or rent through our services which may include us sending you properties' details to help with your search
This personal information is required to provide our services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you.
How your Personal information is collected:
We collect most of this personal information directly from you or in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website.
However, we may on rare occasions also collect information from publicly accessible sources, e.g. Companies House or HM Land Registry or internet search engines.
We may also collect information from other publicly accessible sources such as:
- directly from a third party, e.g.: - sanctions screening providers; - credit reference agencies; - customer due diligence providers;
Why we use your personal information:
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or where you have given consent we use your personal information under the legitimate interest basis for using and processing.
Legitimate Interest may be used as a basis for processing when we have a business or commercial reason to process your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. When we use and process your personal information for our legitimate interest, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your valid consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Who we share your personal information with:
We routinely share personal information with:
- third parties we use to help deliver our services to you such as:, - payment service providers - tenants vetting companies carrying out Right to Rent checks on our behalf - electronic identity search providers - maintenance contractors for managed properties - property inventory providers
- third parties we recommend to you, and approved by you to deliver services directly to you such as: - solicitors and conveyancers - mortgage brokers and financial advisors - removal companies - surveyors
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as website suppliers, case management system providers and email services suppliers
- third parties approved by you, e.g. social media sites you choose to link your account to or third party payment providers
- other third parties such as credit reference agencies and our banks; We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers (where possible) to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you. We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or company, or during re-structuring. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
How long your personal information will be kept:
We will keep your personal information while you have an active matter with us or we are providing services to you.
We will keep your personal information, as a minimum, for as long as necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf
- to show that we treated you fairly; . to keep records required by law. and thereafter
- 5 years from any last communication with you for marketing of our services to you as detailed above under 'How and why we use your personal information' and under 'Marketing communications'.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, telephone calls, SMS or post) about our services, including exclusive offers (mainly for free market appraisal of your property), or highlighting of current market trends and properties on the market that may be of interest to you. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for marketing purposes (see above 'How and why we use your personal information'). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you marketing communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly. We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by:
- using the 'unsubscribe' link in marketing emails: this will unsubscribe you from marketing communications but you will still be able to receive property details if you are an applicant buyer or tenant (subject to a separate unsubscribe option).
How to contact us:
Our contact details are shown below:
Data Compliance Team,
8 Streatham Vale, London, SW16 5TE
020 3890 6464